If you’ve bought an R4 3DS card, you’ve probably bought it with the purpose of playing Nintendo 3DS games for free.
There are various ROM sites on the internet where you can download free Nintendo 3DS games from.
But, you might be wondering where these sites get their Nintendo 3DS games and have it uploaded to their database.
Well, the digital format of these Nintendo 3DS games is in CIA format. This can be read by the R4 3DS card so that you can enjoy playing a lot of games without having to bring with you, its physical game cartridges.
Now that you know that the digital format of these Nintendo 3DS games is in CIA format, how do you actually convert physical game cartridges into digital format?
There are actually programs that can “dump” physical game cartridge data so that you can make them workable in the digital environment.
buy hoverboard from hoverboardfr.com
In fact, there are a lot of homebrew applications for the Nintendo 3DS that dumps the game console’s physical cartridges so that you can place them in your R4 3DS card.
Today, I am going to talk about the Decrypt9WIP. This is a homebrew application for the Nintendo 3DS that dumps your physical game cartridges and make them usable for the R4 3DS card. But, it doesn’t end there as the Decrypt9WIP has a lot of features.
Do not worry, I will tell you how to install the Decrypt9WIP later in the article. Aside from the ability to dump physical game cartridges, the Decrypt9WIP also allows you to dump Nintendo DS games as well.
Furthermore, the Decrypt9WIP can also be used to backup the Nintendo 3DS’ Nand and partition files as well.
Now, how do you actually install the Decrypt9WIP? Here are the instructions.
- First, you need to download the Decrypt9WIP’s files over at d0k3’s official Github page. Credits to d0k3 for making this amazing homebrew application.
- The next thing you need to do is download the necessary files. It will be in .zip format.
- After you’ve downloaded the file, extract its contents.
- Plug your microSD card into your computer using your R4 3DS card’s adapter. Next, in the ROOT folder of your microSD card, create a folder and name it “Decrypt9WIP” (without the quotation marks).
- Place the extracted files into this folder.
- Plug your microSD card into your R4 3DS card and place it inside the Nintendo 3DS.
- Run any homebrew launcher and then navigate to the folder where you’ve put the files. Press the Decrpy9WIP icon.
- A prompt will appear and it will ask you if you want to install the Decrypt9WIP. Press Yes.
- Allow the application to install and the Nintendo 3DS will reboot once. After which, the Decrypt9WIP is now installed!
Do remember that for a homebrew application to work on the Nintendo 3DS, you need to use an R4 3DS card.
The Decrypt9WIP is a really good homebrew application and one that you should install in your Nintendo 3DS.